Monday, May 11, 2009

Get Ripped, Not Ripped Off, By Avoiding Contracts With Gyms, Karate Schools

I currently have a gym membership close to where I live. It cost me $22 dollars a month and includes everything I need. After a little vacation I took to Vegas, I started to ween away from my gym which was not good for two reasons. 1. I was losing my momentum in my work out routine and 2. I was paying for something I was not really using. Greg Orlando at multimedia communications company Orlando Sentinel talks about avoiding getting ripped off on gym memberships and karate schools.

Luckily, when I signed up 6 months ago at my gym, I opted out from signing a 1 year contract and went for a month-to-month plan instead. I knew if something were to get in the way of using my gym, like being lazy or injured, then I can cancel my membership for the time being. I can't tell you enough how much I hate being tied up with a company via contracts, it makes me feel like I'm not in control of my money or my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment